Friday, August 23, 2013

Getting back into the swing of things!

Recruitment sure kept me busy this week! That and classes starting was a big change to my leisurely summer schedule. Now, it's time to get back into the swing of things, including working out each day.
Here's a full body workout I completed today, it incorporates cardio and strength! For cardio I included 15 minutes before and after for a warm up and cool down as well as 30 second intervals of cardio through out the circuit, which is a great calorie burner!

Friday Workout:
15 min light cardio
2x All-Over Circuit
15 min light cardio

All-Over Circuit:
Directions:
Complete each move for 30 minutes and rest for 10 seconds, then move on. A repeated interval timer is great for this circuit; I used my Gymboss timer and set it to 26 rounds of 30s work 10s rest.
Alternating lunges with bicep curl (use at least 5 lb dumbbells)
Jump Squats
Jump Rope
Backward lunge + forward kick
Squat + shoulder press (use at least 5lb dumbbells)
Jumping Jacks
Penguin Taps (holding at least 5lb dumbbells in each hand)
Pikes
Burpees
Push ups
Plank + tricep row (at least 5 lb dumbbells)
High Knees
Plank

Try it out and let me know what you think! Hope ya'll are figuring out your workout schedule for the year!

Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment