Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Favorite Recipe!

With all the rain that has been pouring over Georgia lately, I have been craving some warmer dishes!
For dinner tonight, while my Dad cooked Salmon and steamed corn-on-the-cob, I made one of my all time favorite dishes, Stewed Cabbage!

I made this recipe for Thanksgiving years ago and now make it regularly. The ingredients for the recipe are always inexpensive and by cooking an entire cabbage you'll defiantly have enough for left overs.

Ingredients:
One head of cabbage, cubed
One (15 oz) can of Italian Style Stewed tomatoes
One large white onion
2-3 colves of garlic
3 stalks celery
Butter/oil
Salt/pepper to taste

Steps:
In a large pot (needs to be able to fit an entire cabbage head) saute onions and garlic in butter until onions are translucent. Add cabbage, tomatoes, and celery and let simmer over low heat for 30-40 minutes. Stir occasionally and salt and pepper to taste. That's it!


Did I mention cabbage is about 20 calories/cup? Low-cal, good for you, and so yummy!

What foods do you crave in cold/dreary weather?

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment