Sunday, July 14, 2013

RUNRUNRUN

Among the cardio and strength circuits I have been completing (and having so much with), I haven't been running much and, my goodness, are my legs feeling antsy! They are craving a long run!
So what better way to get back in the swing of things with running than to sign up for a half marathon?

Here are the races I'm considering:

Area 13.1 Half Marathon aka "Alien Half"
August 17
Supporting: Russell Foundation and Life Connection Ministries
Why the funny nickname? This race starts at 7 p.m. and continues into the night, plus you get glow-in-the-dark apparel!

October 6
Supporting: various charities

Oct 12
Supporting: Georgia Sea Turtle Center
Takes place in the scenic Jekyll Island!

Oct 28
Supporting: AthHalf Educates (Music & Arts)
My good friend Thomas who attends UGA recommended the Ath Half to me. It would be fun to run and spend a weekend with him in Athens.

Nov 28
Supporting: A canned food drive supports The Salvation Army
LOVE this race! I've done it a few times already and love having this the morning of Thanksgiving Day, before I sit down and stuff my face : ). 

I most likely will run the Thanksgiving Half no matter what, but I also want to do a half marathon before that, any good recommendations?

Sara

1 comment: