Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tuesday Routine

Hi!
Tuesday's and Thursday's are always busy for me because I have class at a local community college from 2p.m to 8:15 p.m. Technically it's a lecture followed by a lab in that time, but needless to say it's a lot of class at once. It's always important to me to get a workout in the mornings before class so I don't feel so restless sitting for 6 hours.

When I woke up I grabbed my sneakers and headed to the gym for BodyPump. Created by LesMills, BodyPump is a full body barbell class that targets all the major muscles and it is one of the most fun and challenging group fitness classes I have ever attended. The instructors are always so incredible who teach BodyPump! This morning I really challenged myself by upping my weights for legs, triceps, back, and chest. Boy did I feel this while I sat in class!
Breakfast was my go to peanut butter, rice cakes, and fruit along with coffee splashed with my favorite creamer, Vanilla Almond Milk! 30 calories/serving and so good!

I always pack my lunch on Tuesday's and Thursday's and today I attempted Tuna Salad for the first time.

The tuna salad turned out great! All I did was mix a can of Chunk Light Tuna, a spoon of Miracle Whip, a spoon of yellow mustard, a spoon of relish, and a stalk of chopped celery. I even threw in some mild banana peppers because I just love them. I added some baby bell peppers, carrots, and an apple for sides and this kept me going all the way through lab, today.
Lab always leaves me feeling pretty tired and sometimes even light headed--the lab is strict on their no food/drink policy, which includes water, and 2.5 hours without water is a lot! I went on a short 2 mile run to get my legs moving after 6 hours of sitting and then made a very simple dinner of sweet potato, a bowl of yellow squash, peas, and edamame sauteed in just a spoon of Italian Dressing, and a Boca Vegan veggie burgher for added protein (17 grams of protein and only 90 calories!). I hadn't realized how long it has been since I ate a warm meal and it felt great to have these vegetables on my plate.
I'm excited for no class until next Tuesday, since Thursday is Independence Day, which will give me time to catch up in class and relax some more! I'm also excited for a package that will be arriving in the next couple of days...my Gymboss Interval Timer!!!!

 I was introduced to the product through Jess at blondeponytail.com . I can't wait to use this for interval workouts to make them more effective and efficient.
If you have any great interval workouts, please let me know!

I hope you've had a happy Tuesday!

Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment