Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Stop! And give me 20!

20 minutes, that is!
We live very busy lives; from work, school, meals, etc, sometimes it can be hard to get in that needed daily exercise! In addition it can take even more time just getting to the gym. I was thinking about these work out-barriers and my friends who are taking Ga Tech summer finals this week (good luck!) when creating this quick 20(ish) minute cardio workout that left my pulse flying and me dripping with sweat! Another great thing? No equipment needed! So take a study/work break, grab some water, floor space, and let's hit it!


Short, Sweet, and Sweaty Cardio Circuit:
10 Squat Jumps
10 Lunges with Knee Raise (each leg)
10 Plank Jacks
10 Push Ups
10 Mountain Climbers (each leg)
10 Jumping Jacks
5 Burpees
Repeat 5x through (without any breaks), 2 min rest, repeat 5x again.

Advise for this circuit: have a way to keep track of which repetition you're on, it's easy to lose track!
Each set of 5 took me about 10 minutes. With a break and a second round, the circuit should take about 25 minutes! Short, sweet, and SWEATY! And by the time you're done you've done a total of 650 reps! Now that is an efficient workout!
If you've got a little extra time I always recommend light warm up and cool down cardio (I did the elliptical before and after the circuit).

Try the circuit out and let me know what you think!

Question: What's your biggest barrier when it comes to making time for exercise?

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Looking forward to trying this out!

    ReplyDelete