Friday, July 12, 2013

Go-To Banana Bread Recipe --> Sister approved!

With my last physics test (minus the final) out of the way, I finally have time to put up my latest baking experiment, banana bread! This bread is seriously BANGIN!
I have loved banana bread ever since I can remember and I have constantly been looking for a healthy and delicious recipe. With a few tweeks from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com, I have finally found one!
How do I know this one is a keeper? Well first off, it was SO yummy, but also my sister, Amanda, loved it and Amanda has very little tolerance for "healthy versions" of just about anything.

Bakin'

Just out of the oven!


Time to eat up! YUM!

Banana Bread

Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 overly ripe banans
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 snack package of unsweetened apple sauce
2 eggs
1/8 cup non-fat greek yogurt (plain)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Mix together flours, baking soda, and cinnamon.
2. In another bowl, beat together brown sugar, apple sauce, and yogurt. Add in eggs and vanilla. Add in mashed bananas.
3. Add flour mix and walnuts.
4. In a greased bread pan pour the mixture in.
5. Cook for 60 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
*edit: I have also made these into a dozen muffins and baked them for only about 35 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment